As the saying goes ‘cleanliness and hygiene is next to godliness’ this is a wise saying for many reasons; the obvious being that we all like to live and work in clean environments; in fact many studies have shown that the cleaner an environment the more productive and happier a work force can be and of course as a business owner this decreases your overhead costs and reduces your man hours, now what business owner or school principal does not like this?
What do cleaning services cover?
When hiring a cleaning service for either your home, office, school, warehouses, sports grounds etc they will normally dispatch a cleaning crew consisting of Janitors and sometimes maintenance people to take care of the job. What is a Janitor you may ask? Depending on the country you live in; this term can have various meanings but the following describes the job role fairly well.
What roles does a Janitor cover?
A janitor (Male) or janitress (female), custodian, cleaner or caretaker is a person who cleans and maintains buildings such as hospitals, schools and residential accommodation. Their primary role and duties can vary according to the company they work for and the premises they need to clean but generally they tend to cover most managerial duties and tend to stay away from the cleaning as these jobs are left for the ‘cleaners’.
The majority of the work performed by Janitors consists of indoor cleaning/maintenance although the scope is sometimes extended to perform outside duties which can include cleaning/ maintenance and of course repair. If they’re working outdoors then this would mainly include sweeping walkways, mowing lawns, or shoveling snow. In some facilities or buildings, a separate company may be hired to do outdoor work.
What duties are covered by Janitorial services?
Bare in mind this will change from job to job and will depend on your circumstances – here is a general list of duties involved though:
Cleaning and restocking bathrooms which would include the following duties:
- Floor cleaning, refinishing, and polishing (sweeping, mopping, scrubbing and buffing)
- Clearing garbage bins
- Cleaning mirrors
- Cleaning floors (mopping, sweeping, polishing)
- Carpet cleaning (dry method, extraction, steam and bonnet)
- Cleaning carpeting (vacuuming)
- Cleaning stainless steel and other special surfaces
- Clearing lunch room/kitchen
- Cleaning tables in cubicles, meeting rooms, etc…
- Emptying trash and recycling bin
- Unlocking and locking buildings at the beginning and end of the day
- Stripping and waxing floors using Floor buffer
- Cleaning air-conditioner vents
- Litter picking
- Spot cleaning (generally spills – coffee for instance)
- Room setups (college/schools, etc.)
- Porterage (internal deliveries; movement of equipment or people in hospitals)
- Removing vomit and feces from public areas
- Raising and lowering flags (schools)
- Driveway cleaning
- Snow clearing
- Trash can removal
- Outdoor maintenance
- Garden maintenance
- Power cleaning using powerwash tools
To find out more please don’t hesitate to visit http://bravogroupservices.com/ you can check out some of the services they offer here or why not get in touch with one of the team who will be more than happy to help you out.